Try these lawn watering tips that will help you keep your Arkansas lawn healthy, lush and in tip-top shape.
- If you have an irrigation system, make sure that the heads are in good working order and your overall system is well maintained and running for maximum efficiency. Our irrigation services can help you with any installation, maintenance, and irrigation repair needs that you may have.
- The best time to water your lawn is either in the early morning, before 5:30 am in the evening and after 6:00 pm. Do not water your lawn in the midday heat as you will waste and lose up to 30% of water as a result of evaporation.
- Take caution to not over water your lawn. It’s important for the grass and soil to absorb the water, but you can have too much of a good thing. Additionally, avoid having excess water ending up on the sidewalk and in the road.
- Do not water on windy days. Not only will the wind blow your water off target, it may also cause it to dry before it has properly soaked into the soil.
- Aerate your lawn regularly and put a layer of mulch around trees and plants to reduce evaporation and discourage weed growth. Weeds are water thieves, so keep the garden free of them.
- If you do not have an irrigation system, make sure that your hose connections are tight and free of leaks. Keep track of the amount of time you are watering, a kitchen timer will do the trick.
- Another ideal way to save water is the planting of drought-resistant trees and plants.